About this award-winning guide
From cover to cover, the Essential Business Guide is packed with practical business information, making it the perfect reference manual to keep on your desk and refer to time and again.
Practical information for you and your business
Each page in the Guide is clearly written and easy to follow. It assumes no prior knowledge of business or business terms, so it’s an ideal reference guide whether you’re just starting out, or if you’ve been in business for many years.
Take a look at what makes this business book so different:
Your book is so great to have around. Especially for those silly little questions you have about things and those that you feel you should already know and perhaps a little too shy to ask about. Every time I dip into it I find out something new. It’s a book that makes you feel a bit a more confident about stepping out into the very big world of business.
Emma Nicol, Managing Director, Door22 Design Collective
Find what you need, quickly and easily
The Essential Business Guide has eight tabbed sections full of small business information. These cover:
- Plan for success – how to decide where you want to take your business and making sure you get there.
- Marketing and sales – making the right kind of sales and building on your successes.
- Money talk – from cash flow to capital, how to make a profit and control your finances.
- People power – how to hire the right people, train them and keep them happy.
- Keeping it legal – making sure you understand the main legal issues your business will face.
- IT matters – learn from the experts how to make technology an asset, with IT at the heart of your business.
- Managing your business – good practice and tried-and-tested solutions for day-to-day efficiency.
- Resources for your business – a round-up of organisations, books and websites to help support you in your business. Each section contains expert guidance, jargon-busters and signposting to further useful information and practical support.
From small business start-up to mature business
No matter where your business is in its lifespan, as it grows The Essential Business Guide supports you all the way — from small business start-up to mature business. We’ve included eight case studies to show you how it’s done, and how successful business people have negotiated the ups and downs. And, as your business expands, you’ll find the guide is great for training your staff.
Format: 280 pages, full-colour, tabbed sections, wirobound
For professional bulk orders and bespoke design and content options, please visit our Essential Business Publishing website.
You can also download our 2018 catalogue, Essential Business Products and Pricing 2018, which contains ordering information for professional users, including wholesale prices and discounts available for National Enterprise Network (NEN) members.
The Essential Business Guide is now a part of my business tool kit, as an advisor and mentor, it has been invaluable in terms of being able to respond with speed and accuracy to my clients needs. The relevancy of business information, guides and tips to help those starting up as well as the more established has been priceless. I have also handed out many copies to the delight of recipients who are impressed with the quality both in content, style and function…people’s faces actually light up!
Bunty Dann, Director, BroughDann